Do Dwarf Angels nip Bubble Tip Anemones?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ritter6788
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2011
Messages
24,468
Reaction score
2,539
Location
Marshall, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone keep Dwarf Angels with BTAs? I was wondering if the angels would nip anemones like they do corals. I'm having to redo my fish stocking in my 40 breeder after some fish loss due to an unknown issue and would like to add a dwarf angel. I've kept a few dwarf angels over the years but I always end up moving them out for coral nipping. I'd like to keep one long term but not if they pester anemones like they do corals.
 
That's a hit or Miss thing won't know tell you try. I had a Coral beauty that was fine and a flame that was terrible
 
My lemon peel did not bother my BTA, but it devoured zoas and chalices.
 
Never had an Issue with BTA's, but they will be death on your clams if you have any. I would avoid them at all cost if you have any type of corals really.

Hard to catch once they are in as well.
 
Thanks for the replies.

No corals or clams in the tank. Been there done that with angels in my other tank. BTAs only in this tank.
 
You should be fine. I've had some pick at carpets. The carpet will always win, lost some expensive fish this way.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new