Do I need auto for nano tank.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you want to keep salinity really stable then I would invest in an ATO! Better then filling buckets up and topping it off everyday!

Here is one that everyone loves!

Kongar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nano. You don't NEED an ATO, but I'd choose my ATO over my skimmer, seneye, media basket, and even my powerhead TBH. It's super helpful. I was surprised how much water evaporated each day - refilling by hand would be a pain. It's even more of a major pain with an AIO because the back chambers fluctuate quite a bit with water level, requiring fill ups even more often...

I have the the normal Osmolator 3155 and it works fantastically.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to keep salinity really stable then I would invest in an ATO! Better then filling buckets up and topping it off everyday!

Here is one that everyone loves!
What redfoxtang said. The 3152 has a shorter time fault limit than the 3155, more suitable for nanos, and is 1/2 the price.

JBissell1289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I agree with most comments above. There are other factors. What tank do you have, is it open or does it have a lid? I have a fluval evo 13.5 and top off with about 1-2 cups weekly... maybe. Very low evaporation. Open top, I’d say you probably should. That’s why I haven’t turned my shallow 10 gallon tank into a lagoon reef.

OP
OP
C

ChipmunkReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the duetto auto top off the other one that got recommended got some bad ratings.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the duetto auto top off the other one that got recommended got some bad ratings.
You can find bad reviews on any product.
The duetto I looked at had a lower review rating than the tunzes on marinedepot.com, if you care about posted reviews

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have three of these. Two regular ones, and one they is for a tank without an over flow.

Two were good from day one (and still are), the other malfunctioned and flooded my office floor. Partly my fault for using a huge ato container on a small tank. Company replaced the defective, but I have yet to use the replacement

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I modified this one to use on my 2g pico (smaller resivour). Its cheap and gravity fed, easy to keep everything stable.

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the osmolator nano 3152 when I was setting up my tank and didn’t hook it up for about a year. I felt stupid once I hooked it up and thought “why haven’t I been using this?” lol. It makes things so much easier.

Going on 8 or so months having it hooked up and love it. The water in my 9 gallon evaporates about 2 litres a week. My Ato kicks on once or twice a day depending on how hot it is.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back