Do I remove Skeleton Wall hammer

HypnoVoodoo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Location
hertfordshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So had this wall hammer just over a week. And it’s completely melted off. Stripped back to the Skelton. No idea why, because got a frogspawn at the same time and that has been thriving.

my question is, do I get rid of the Skelelton or is there a change of regrowth?
215B7B68-BDF0-4200-94B0-D2CAF2E9BC07.jpeg
2ABA1F49-5DE2-4778-A808-5A5AF29FD8C7.jpeg
 
Wall hammers are notoriously difficult. The polyp look to be a wall hammer, but I've never seen one for sale that small. Maybe it was fragged?

I'd give it a week...but it's most likely a goner. Sorry.
 
Wall hammers are notoriously difficult. The polyp look to be a wall hammer, but I've never seen one for sale that small. Maybe it was fragged?

I'd give it a week...but it's most likely a goner. Sorry.

That’s what I’ve been reading. It’s not the end of the world and it’s a learning curve. With the skeletal remains, shall I just keep an eye on any regrowth? Or just remove it after a week Or so
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new