Do I switch from Hydra to Mitras (lx6)

legalizedreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2021
Messages
244
Reaction score
192
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reefer 350… 48” wide.

currently, I’ve got (2) Hydra 32’s with plans to potentially add a third/fourth

I have an opportunity to purchase (2) GHL Mitras 6100’s for $190 CAD ($140 USD)

I’ve become interested in these mitras, however I always saw myself potentially upgrading to the LX7’s because of the wifi capability. However, these LX6’s can be upgraded to the LX7 LED clusters. What do you guys think? Am I crazy to make this switch?
 
It only seems to make the most sense if you're going with a GHL controller. What is the upgrade cost to the LX7 LED custer/WiFi? That could be a deal breaker right there.

Myself, I'd stick with the Hydras (adding one or two more) -or- upgrade to Radions or SKY (SKY would make the most sense with an Apex system). Or just go straight to the next level with the CoralCare Gen2.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new