Do stylophoras spread?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aaron186
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aaron186

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
712
Reaction score
223
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with stylophoras spreading to distant spots in their aquarium? I have 2 stylo frags that have started to take off recently and I just noticed a couple other distant spots in the rocks where identical frags are growing. I know pocilopora can do this and looks similar but I bought these frags from WWC and Battlecorals so I have to believe they are labeled correctly. The teal and the green stylos are pictured below. I’ll get a better pic tomorrow afternoon when the tank is less blue. To my knowledge stylos don’t do this?

IMG_3122.jpeg
 
Does anyone have any experience with stylophoras spreading to distant spots in their aquarium? I have 2 stylo frags that have started to take off recently and I just noticed a couple other distant spots in the rocks where identical frags are growing. I know pocilopora can do this and looks similar but I bought these frags from WWC and Battlecorals so I have to believe they are labeled correctly. The teal and the green stylos are pictured below. I’ll get a better pic tomorrow afternoon when the tank is less blue. To my knowledge stylos don’t do this?

IMG_3122.jpeg
Can't see what Coral your referring to in all the blue light.

Pocillopora, the green type, do spread. I have not seen that stylo do in the past.
 
Stylos don't spread in my experience either. Pocilloporas though are the gift that keeps giving, and giving and giving.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new