Do tail spots eat monties?

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this tailspot blenny for a few months and never seen it pick at sps. However, recently it started to nip at my setosa and capricornis. Just a side note that I recently switched to rowa and maybe the phos dropped too quick but I definitely see nipping.
 
Are you sure that he/she is not cleaning your corals from algae?

Sincerely Lasse
 
Every blenny is a risk to eat coral. They are not always coral safe. Some people get lucky and some do not. There are many, many stories about any kind of blenny just going over and biting off a whole polyp.
 
My tail spot is nipping at my Seasons Greetings Monti. I suspected, then I saw its bright green poop. Im going to add a sheet of nori on a feeder to try and resolve the issue. I may not have enough algae for my tail spot to graze on. (Tank is about 11 weeks old)
 
My tailspot bites all over my large monti cap colony. The color is reduced but polys still present. I upped my mag and color is coming back but he was causing the issue and still does but its large enough that he grazed over that it won’t get wiped. Even his poop turned color of monti for quite a while. Neon green.
IMG_6332.jpeg

You can see his handiwork.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new