Do these look the same?

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Posting a photo from a wysiwyg sale vs what an actually received. I know lighting impacts how a coral looks and all that but this seems rather off. Want second opinions. The live sale photo is supposed to have 2 heads. Looks like the polyps from the sale are blue/clear and a green mouth. The coral received seems like a regular bicolor hammer. Blue tips with green length. Regular blue mouth. Three heads

IMG_2858.jpeg IMG_2859.jpeg

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly looks different to me. In the one you received I don’t see any of the blotchy coloration on the heads, the blue does not extend as far into the stalks, and I am not seeing much if any of the blue between the tentacles.

Caveat always being that corals can look different under different lights and colors can change due to stress or other factors. . . but still

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well the top pic is a top down and partially retracted.
2nd pic, the one in your tank, looks fully open so you see more green and is a side pic.
It's the same type of coral, wheather it's the exact same piece it's hard to know.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the same imo. First pic shows blue clearly extending beyond the hammer and onto the stock. I doubt that tentacle extension or filters are going to be able to change that.

OP
OP
musaabi

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly this looks like the one I purchased. The difference is I paid $227(marked down from a supposed $349) wanted second opinion before I reached out to the seller.
IMG_2860.png

OP
OP
musaabi

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not the same imo. First pic shows blue clearly extending beyond the hammer and onto the stock. I doubt that tentacle extension or filters are going to be able to change that.
Totally agree. The whole reason I bought it is because of the stalk being blue with a bright green mouth. Im also running the same lighting profile as the seller.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting a photo from a wysiwyg sale vs what an actually received. I know lighting impacts how a coral looks and all that but this seems rather off. Want second opinions. The live sale photo is supposed to have 2 heads. Looks like the polyps from the sale are blue/clear and a green mouth. The coral received seems like a regular bicolor hammer. Blue tips with green length. Regular blue mouth. Three heads

IMG_2858.jpeg IMG_2859.jpeg
If it is the same coral it grew an extra head and lost a lot of blue color in the process. I like both of these but I don’t think they sent the one in the photo.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back