Do we need a supplement or no?

Ric_andr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys.. Just like what i look in many reefers they use any kind of suplement in their tank, just like using radion or hydra with t5ho or with other kind suplement like vitamini or something else.

1. Do we get other big impact with it? I mean do we have an extra PAR from the suplement is increase significantly?
Or are we use the supplement just for our eyes (I mean its only for tank looks more better than before)

And
2. Or we need use a supplement (its a must) to back up decreasing PAR from usage electronic devices

Please tell me what you think about adding some supplement in a reeftank

Bubbythebull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped using supplements for two reasons...first I didn't always see results. And I feel it's best to keep the husbandry simple and consistent. If you insist on supplements, then you should dose. Also if you do consistent waterchange, most of the vital elements are replenished

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped using supplements for two reasons...first I didn't always see results. And I feel it's best to keep the husbandry simple and consistent. If you insist on supplements, then you should dose. Also if you do consistent waterchange, most of the vital elements are replenished

I believe they’re referring to supplemental light, not liquid feeds or enhancers.

Jay Norris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys.. Just like what i look in many reefers they use any kind of suplement in their tank, just like using radion or hydra with t5ho or with other kind suplement like vitamini or something else.

1. Do we get other big impact with it? I mean do we have an extra PAR from the suplement is increase significantly?
Or are we use the supplement just for our eyes (I mean its only for tank looks more better than before)

And
2. Or we need use a supplement (its a must) to back up decreasing PAR from usage electronic devices

Please tell me what you think about adding some supplement in a reeftank
Hi, no you don't need to supplement you LED lights, if you are using enough lights and a good light fixture with the proper color spectrum.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The simple (and complex) answer is: it depends. The other answer, is: do you want to add some?

Most people use some blue supplements that the corals have no need for, but the reefer really likes. Some people need more light and wider spectrum. Some people need none, nor want none. ...it just depends.

Just me, but... I do not supplement any of my metal halide... I do not believe in the paradigm of "best of both worlds" and would rather go all-in on one or the other (having both a passing and a running QB means that you don't have a good one of either, and Hannah Montana was never really a good friend nor pop star when she tried to do both by changing a few wigs). I spend my money (wattage) on more MH.

Last edited:

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use halides as my primary source of light and see a great advantage when adding T5s to the combo.
I see the halide as it would represent the sun (spot light) and the T5s as the sky light, filling shaded areas. I believe together they make a complete combo to best represent what we find in nature.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back