Do You Love Your Job?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ippyroy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Do You Love Your Job?

  • Yes

    Votes: 69 43.1%
  • Not really, but I don't hate it

    Votes: 63 39.4%
  • It's just a way to afford more corals and gear

    Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Reefing is my job

    Votes: 9 5.6%

  • Total voters
    160
What's your job? Full time coral farmer

Why or why don't you love it? I love it most days. Some days aquariums will be aquariums and I have to just suck it up and deal with it. It always amuses me when people assume since we are commercial that we don't deal with the same nuisances that hobbiests deal with.

What is your dream job? I'm doing it. This has been a dream for over 20 years.
 
I work in boat upholstery. Sitting behind a computer all day mostly now adays used to do alot more on the actual work floor but have moved up into the digital aspect of things.

Its a decent job... I will admit that I kinda miss the Infantry life though.

my dream job would be something in the woods or something with animals. I may very well be looking into a change in the near future but for now gotta make ends meet.
 
Yes. I’m a cashier. I love meeting people. I’m the one who always asks about their pets if I see animal supplies.
 
Who doesn't love raising and breeding livestock?? I'm also a artist and make my own hours, around the livestock lol. I make the decisions and if it doesn't work no one to blame but myself.

The biggest benefit is sitting outside and watching the livestock graze and the babies play every day. Very relaxing and satisfying.
 
I love my job. There are certain parts I hate. I work urban EMS in a high crime/violence and heavily populated area and I'm night shift. I'm salty and more than a little jaded but I wouldn't do anything else. This is my dream job. I worked very hard to get here. And so far it been worth it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new