• Reefing is my job

Votes: 9 5.6%

• Total voters

palmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Derivative Trader- Highly stressful/ adrenaline rush Job! making money=good days, losing money= hate those days!
Maybe consider lecturing one day since I have a Phd

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work in a steel mill as an automation engineer. I get to design all of the real time screens that the operators use to control the equipment and monitor production in real time, well almost real time. Probably less than half a second delay. I’ve been at the same company for over 17 years now. We just finished a $200million expansion project. The automation controls were done by a company in Kraków Poland, so I got to spend 15 weeks in Poland last year. It was pretty cool. So yeah, I really like my job.

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thread here. I’m a paramedic here in Houston, TX. I love to help people in need. Lately, it has been extra stressful with C19, but all in all, helping people that need my compassion makes it all worth it. God bless you all! And don’t forget your mask! Happy reefing! :)
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a vote for love what you do, hate who you do it for???

If so count me in :)
I feel you. That's why I work where I do now. Got a new manager who was long on promises and short on delivery. Now I make more money and got the promotion I deserved.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Department of public works. I get to be an arborist landscaper plumber electrician and whatever else needs to be taken care of. It’s great on some days and bad on others.

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
State Certified Electrical Contractor, Authorized Crestron Dealer, Crestron Certified Digital Media Engineer, Lighting design, Home automation, networking, theaters, audio, video, surveillance, and the list goes on. Specializing in high end custom homes, commercial office, business and retail spaces. 26 years experience.

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the HVAC field. My days are hit and miss on loving it. I love problem solving and helping properties get their buildings running smoothly. The downfall is that half the people don't listen to my expertise. They just sweep problems under the rug until the building spirals out of control. Or argumentative factory reps not wanting to pay to fix their mess ups. Even bad days aren't too bad. I get to travel all over the state and work in some cool locations (Boeing data centers, Military bases, ect). New technology is coming out everyday that I have to keep up to date on. The pay is pretty great too, especially for a field job that didn't require 6+ years of college to hit this pay bracket.

Guess I'm blessed and need to learn over look the bad days.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i work for a company that provides services for kids with autism, i think it’s a beautiful job. so i must say i do love my job :).

Thank you as my son is autistic and I know he can be a hand full sometimes. I find the more experiences I give him the better.

86E42829-FC84-41BB-AAF5-700C095FF00E.jpeg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test/play slot machines and games for my states lottery commission and I love what I do. I only work with a couple of other analysts that I get along with really well. I actually quit a job that paid more but I hated going to work everyday, I have learned from experience money isn't everything.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you brought those maggots home to feed the fish, right?
How did you know? I found out my fish don't eat maggots. :(

On the bottom floor of the NYC residential garbage incinerator the wall was cinder block and when you walked through there you heard crackling like rice crispies. It was thousands or millions of maggots coming through the wall and falling on the 6" deep layer of maggots already on the floor.

They were so thick, they pushed them into the river with a front end loader. ;Yuck

The place had huge chimneys and once a pigeon must have flew through the gases coming out. The thing crash landed on my neck. It was flapping it's wings slapping me on the sides of my head.

It kind of startled me and I finally got the unlucky bird off of me and he flew about 25' to the "river" and fell in just like when "Rodan" the prehistoric Pterodactyl crashed into a volcano. (Google it)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back