This is Potato

20231227_193033.jpg

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All but one of our fish have names due to personalities:
  • Professor Chaos: yellow headed sleeper goby (sand sifter)
  • Private Blenjamin: lawnmower blenny
  • Argent: silver molly (deceased)
  • Wrassalon: six line wrasse (also deceased)
The unnamed seems to have little personality to give us a clue what to name it. It's got a dark gray body, seems to be some sort of blenny, and a yellow forked tail. *shrugs*

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to, but kind of stopped after my Red Bellied Piranha of 17 years, and my common pleco of 19 years, both passed. I became too emotionally invested and just can't handle the heartache, as there are so many factors involved in how long a fish makes it.

I do name my mantis shrimps though, my first was called Snips, and my current one is Buddy. It's a little easier because I know all to well that their lives are quite short by comparison, especially with every single molt being a potentially life-threatning event.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only named one of my four nassarius snails. It was the biggest and had some brown on it, the others were all white. It’s name is Gary of course. Once in a while I think I hear him meow but that could be my cat. Now all four are the same size and have brown on them. I don’t know which one is Gary anymore.:crying-face:

Last edited:

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to not name fish but I ended up with a hippo tang over the summer so she’s Dory, and the orange clown is Nemo of course. I have a lunar wrasse whose name is Turkey since he has the potential to become one and I got him the day before Thanksgiving. There are two damsels I haven’t named yet and the black and white clown needs a name. I’ll think of some names for them.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my fish live past the 2 week acclimation period they get a name. My thinking is when my fish live through the initial change, then generally they will live for years, some a decade or more.

Right now I have Tommy, the tomini tang, Angelica, the coral beauty angel, Guardian, yellow watchman goby, Ozzie, the ocellaris clownfish, Blue Streak, the neon cleaner goby, and Zorro and Lone Ranger, the 2 masked gobies.

I also name shrimp, crabs and even my Atlantic cucumber, who is Karl. My pistol shrimp is Rice Krispies.

I do not name coral.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention, this guy is named Psycho. He spent 2 months in solitary until he learned to get along. The maculosus angel is the bossman now, and the sohal has learned his place in the totem pole (#2).

20240108_181933.jpg

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention, this guy is named Psycho. He spent 2 months in solitary until he learned to get along. The maculosus angel is the bossman now, and the sohal has learned his place in the totem pole (#2).

20240108_181933.jpg
It's funny how that works. The chillness of the tank really feels like it's dictated by the chillness of the tank boss

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back