Do you name your fish or corals?

reefd00d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering, do you name your fish or corals? If so, what are some cool names and why did you choose it?
I have a Midas Blenny who's name is Shakira because she shakes her hips when she swims!

1666588-e6ef09a23ac1be0e6e48362f4673cc27.jpg

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Fish one and Fish two. Haha
I have 2 clowns. The black one is Emo Nemo and the other is just clownfish haha
Was wondering, do you name your fish or corals? If so, what are some cool names and why did you choose it?
I have a Midas Blenny who's name is Shakira because she shakes her hips when she swims!

Shakira, Shakira ...

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have two black & white clownfish named Thing I & Thing II. In my FW tank, I have a big Gourami named Chester. Chester the Molester ‘cuz he’s a giant kissing fish.

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't until Nemo/I had a kid old enough to name everything. She had naming rights to everything (my dog was Smokey b/c she looked like smokey, the cat was brownie b/c she was brown-ish) and she named her dorm betta. So I am sure she'll probably name some of my fish if/when she comes and visits. Especially if they have character.

No, it's just a fish
If i call my dog's name she'll come to me. If I call my cat he'll decide if he could be bothered or not to come. I'm sure if I call a fish's name it will not register with it at all.

We had some koi at the LFS I worked at in a large display pond that sure seemed more like dogs than fish!

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it's just a fish
If i call my dog's name she'll come to me. If I call my cat he'll decide if he could be bothered or not to come. I'm sure if I call a fish's name it will not register with it at all.
Not so! Chester knows when I’m talking to him. I’m sure it mostly relates to food, but he still knows who I am and when I’m talkin’ to him. Some fish are more interactive than others. I had Blowfish and they were some of the smartest fishes I have ever had. They were so curious about what I was doing. They always greeted me in the morning. They were on my kitchen island and would say hello to me in the morning and peer at me through the glass. They were seriously cool fishes.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thi living or dead corals? JK (No I don't - and for some reason I dont name the fish either). Now that I said that I think I name my discus to a degree - my wife will say 'where is 'big blue' - and ill say right there - behind 'little red'

OP
OP
reefd00d

reefd00d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it's just a fish
Have you tried calling them under water though?

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow watchman goby my daughter named Stanley after Stanley from the office. There is Blue, the blue legged hermit crab and Grenade, the red legged hermit crab - his shell looks like a grenade. Cobalt because he's blue.

We have a catfish in the FW tank named Giraffeee (named by the then four year old daughter). Yes, that many "e"'s is intentional.

All my betas had names.

The corals, as of yet, do not have names.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kids name our fish and they’re SUPER creative. So see if you can figure out what kind of fish these are...

Dori
Mrs. Nemo
Mr. Nemo
Foxface
Black Cap

;Woot

Seriously though, they did come up with one creative name. My son named our Spotted Goby: Spitfire

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 104 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back