Do you want the old thread way to buy and sell?

Do you want the old thread way to buy and sell and drop the newer classifieds?

• Yes go back to the old way with threads only

Votes: 165 81.3%
  • No I like the newer classifieds

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 30 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Sometimes, old school is just better. Voted.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you..prior to me stop using the classifieds...nothing was EVER 'practically given away'. Maybe 90 cents on the dollar for used vs new equipment and the corals have seen nothing but higher price points (i can only assume people leaving the hobby are trying to recoup while people who joined the hobby as an 'investment' are still pricing the corals as if we were in lock down)
This. Used prices arent a 'deal', I'll just buy new instead of only having 10-15% off of new cost (at least with new, Ill get a warranty). Folks tend to forget its been in or around saltwater, which is corrosive as can be to electronics.

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I’ve been selling on r2r since ‘17 or so. Met a lot of good folks I now call friends. The dislike of the new format is universal to the point of driving users away.

It’s the Coke 2 of r2r and it’s well past time to pull the plug. The UX/UI is just plain bad.

Please make this happen.

TheCoralExchange

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The old format was great, and easy to use for everyone both buyers and sellers.

The new format has made it so I just kinda don't use R2R anymore for trying to purchase corals from anyone, and using facebook and instagram instead.

It's just not user friendly... just change it back.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The old sale forum system didn’t have any problems. The new one does. It’s confusing, not as fun, nor as much of another reason to visit r2r (in addition to the main r2r forums)

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Perhaps the biggest take away here (after going back and reading other’s comments) is that it is indeed driving down participation and engagement and leading people to post/list on other platforms.

If folks aren’t coming to look at what’s for sale it’s even less likely they’re engaging in other forums. I believe there’s been a tangible drop in the quality and content of discussion threads across the board.

Whatever is decided some additional effort must be put into moderating listings. It’s patently unfair and a major turn off when some people list 5 postings that should be consolidated into one and then continually bump thereby burying new posts.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps the biggest take away here (after going back and reading other’s comments) is that it is indeed driving down participation and engagement and leading people to post/list on other platforms.

If folks aren’t coming to look at what’s for sale it’s even less likely they’re engaging in other forums. I believe there’s been a tangible drop in the quality and content of discussion threads across the board.

Whatever is decided some additional effort must be put into moderating listings. It’s patently unfair and a major turn off when some people list 5 postings that should be consolidated into one and then continually bump thereby burying new posts.
I honestly dont think this as big of a deal. In the end, the old way of doing the postings, it was pretty easy to find what and where you are looking for with a couple of filters. You will always have bad actors but the search process was more than sufficient to overcome the spammers.

In fact, I wish there was actually less moderation in the forums. Because the moderation is subjective, the application of the forum rules was subjective and inconsistent leading to some very good discussions getting cut off (usually about some platinum sponsor but occasionally about a topic that would spin or had the chance to spin)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you all for your feedback. We’ve heard and we will listen! Look for changes as soon as today.

Last edited:

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old format with the current feedback system would be nice. Took me a long time to figure how to navigate and now it’s not so bad. The feedback thing could be cool but when I tried to leave a reaction, I was unable because the seller had removed the ad or post. Would be nice to build on the reaction side. Not a lot of people leave good reviews but overtime they add up. And can be very useful

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old way 100%. The new format feels too handholdy to me, like the buyers and sellers are children to be supervised. I also really hate that sponsor's ads get bumped up to the top, when they already sell all over the web on Ebay, Facebook and their own sites! Sponsors should use their own sites instead of spamming their overpriced frags in the community classifieds. I've tried to scan for things I'm on the lookout for and it has been a massive pain to find anything. Thank you mods for listening to the community, hopefully some folks come back to selling here after the changes are implemented!

Mateusz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
If things went back to the way they were before id definitely consider coming back into the hobby myself and buying and selling.

I had some personal and tank issues for a period of time and when I was ready to jump back in I noticed the old way was gone and there was this new horribly clunky thing that looked like some for-profit model for r2r, new format makes me think of some weird ebay.

I stopped buying and selling here and went to social media. I also took some tanks down as what had made it all so enjoyable was kinda gone. Corals became harder to find and sell, and I know I personally met alot of great people on it during those times.

I truly hope it reverts right back to how it was before, the marketplace used to be freaking awesome!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The selling forums are open back up for use the classic way. We will be removing the classifieds option asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back