Do you want the old thread way to buy and sell?

Do you want the old thread way to buy and sell and drop the newer classifieds?

• Yes go back to the old way with threads only

Votes: 165 81.3%
  • No I like the newer classifieds

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 30 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solga

2 lost souls swimming in a fish bowl ...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't use the classified section much, so it really doesn't bother me either way.
But I will say that from the responses I see here, my fellow reef enthusiast's would prefer the old way, so that is how I will vote. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Martingale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Definitely the old way. The classifieds can’t even be “bumped” without being a supporter and editing the ad (intended?), and even then they aren’t shown as the default sort order is new posts.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know what the old way looked or functioned like.
People when you sell something mark it as sold. I have tried to purchase several things only to get a message that it was sold.
Some of the posts were more than 2-3 weeks old.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I prefer the old way as well. What I cannot remember is whether the originator could close the thread themselves when the item was no longer available. Would be nice to have a simple ‘open’ and ‘closed’ status on an ad.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Selling and buying on here used to be amazing. Now it's a joke. The new system is so hard to navigate and nothing gains traction.

The numbers don't lie.
You say it so nicely though.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You say it so nicely though.

Just call it like I see it

PS. There are more sales threads, quite a few more, than this same time last year before the new classifieds were installed FYI. :p

That could simply be more users are active and the hobby is seeing a downturn with people leaving because of the current economy and what's on the horizon. Sales forums are always more active as people exit the hobby.

I used to be able to sell stuff in a couple days on here. Now my threads routinely expire at 30 days with zero hits. Even when I'm basically giving items away.

Look at the votes. It's all you need to know. Your users want it back the old way because the new way doesn't work.

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think a combo will b nice I do like how u can optimize the new but the old was easier but I’d like the optimization to remain. Also if u stick with the new an auction option would be cool

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i liked that every ad had the state printed in black....when i was just getting started i was looking for local stuff that i could actually drive to and pick up...once i had to open every post to find out where it was coming from i simply gave up....ok wait...i'm an idiot...all i've ever done was scroll down through the forums to the buy,sell,trade forum...you mean that the selling forums, classifieds, and marketplace are 3 different things? i had no idea they even existed...so the selling forum is just a thread to tell us to look for a guy's ad in the classifieds?...and what's the difference between the classifieds and marketplace? boy i'm confused

Last edited:

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I only know the new way .... And I've learned to navigate it in the seller side .... I don't really know if people r seeing my listing or not

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i liked that every ad had the state printed in black....when i was just getting started i was looking for local stuff that i could actually drive to and pick up...once i had to open every post to find out where it was coming from i simply gave up....ok wait...i'm an idiot...all i've ever done was scroll down through the forums to the buy,sell,trade forum...you mean that the selling forums, classifieds, and marketplace are 3 different things? i had no idea they even existed...the selling forum is just a thread to tell us to look for a guy's ad in the classifieds? boy i'm confused
Marketplace is basically threads for the classifieds. It's all really confusing, once you open a thread it'll either be closed/expired or just link you to a classified

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back