Do your corals eat nori?

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of coral? My Duncans will literally eat anything that passes close enough. Shrimp molted? Claws are sticking out of Duncan mouths. Piece of foil from the back of that pop-out cube food accidentally Got in the tank somehow? Yep- Duncan is trying to eat it. Spine broke off an urchin? Duncan is using it as a tooth pick.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of coral? My Duncans will literally eat anything that passes close enough. Shrimp molted? Claws are sticking out of Duncan mouths. Piece of foil from the back of that pop-out cube food accidentally Got in the tank somehow? Yep- Duncan is trying to eat it. Spine broke off an urchin? Duncan is using it as a tooth pick.
I've killed every duncan I've ever had. sad considering you just referred to them as coral garbage cans....

OP
OP
Madonia

Madonia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! It’s a ‘time warp’ Favia I picked up yesterday. I was impressed. It chomped down a HUGE piece for its size

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, it’s annoying how some tanks do well with some corals and they cannot survive in others even if the parameters are spot on. I’ve def seen my Duncan’s eat nori if the fish leave any for them to catch. I have about 20 lps/sps nems etc but I can’t keep an elegance at all. :/

OP
OP
Madonia

Madonia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, it’s annoying how some tanks do well with some corals and they cannot survive in others even if the parameters are spot on. I’ve def seen my Duncan’s eat nori if the fish leave any for them to catch. I have about 20 lps/sps nems etc but I can’t keep an elegance at all. :/
Check your MAG level!

my elegance’s health is in almost direct correlation with the mag level. You may be low!

also- I’ve been feeding my LPS in PROTECTION- I use a 2L soda bottle (cut) and stick if into my sand bed. Then I squirt in all sorts of GOODNESS. The flow and fish are no enemy with this technique.

OP
OP
Madonia

Madonia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your MAG level!

my elegance’s health is in almost direct correlation with the mag level. You may be low!

also- I’ve been feeding my LPS in PROTECTION- I use a 2L soda bottle (cut) and stick if into my sand bed. Then I squirt in all sorts of GOODNESS. The flow and fish are no enemy with this technique.
I also have a smaller bottle I do this with for smaller sand bed corals. The 2L is tough in between rock work sometimes.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a smaller bottle I do this with for smaller sand bed corals. The 2L is tough in between rock work sometimes.
I use one of the smaller sand vacuum tubes
1CB1C6B4-F7E9-4EF9-9900-901D43336BC9.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back