Doctor fish and clowns

mryan04290

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a 90 gallon tank lightly stocked as of right now with a 3-4inch wild caught aromatic doctor fish, 2 Picasso clowns and a melanaurus wrasse and for some reason my clowns just swim sideways on the surface of the upper left corner of the tank. In my other tank my clowns are swimming everywhere with not a care in the world and then retreat to the corner to sleep at night. Could there be some aggression from my doctor fish that I’m not seeing causing the clowns to be extra shy? Or is it clowns being clowns?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all, I have a 90 gallon tank lightly stocked as of right now with a 3-4inch wild caught aromatic doctor fish, 2 Picasso clowns and a melanaurus wrasse and for some reason my clowns just swim sideways on the surface of the upper left corner of the tank. In my other tank my clowns are swimming everywhere with not a care in the world and then retreat to the corner to sleep at night. Could there be some aggression from my doctor fish that I’m not seeing causing the clowns to be extra shy? Or is it clowns being clowns?
Yes - there could be aggression - have you noticed anything - are both of them swimming there. When did you add the other fish. Did you QT the fish?

OP
OP
mryan04290

mryan04290

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - there could be aggression - have you noticed anything - are both of them swimming there. When did you add the other fish. Did you QT the fish?
Fish weren’t QT’d and doctor fish went in first he’s and then the wrasse then the clowns. Wrasse has no issue with the doctor fish and the clowns show no interest in the doctor fish but he will swim over to them from time to time

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back