Does Anyone Have Information On The "Ultimate Sump"?

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2021
Messages
3,884
Reaction score
4,283
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Anyone Have Information On The "Ultimate Sump"?
I remember looking through Google images of sumps back around 2018 when I came across this particular build:
1632983181258.png

The image is very similar to those on the Lifereef site, though this sump was definitely not produced by said company. I believe it was called the "Ultimate Sump" (or maybe the “Ultimate Filter”) but I cannot confirm as the site it was sold on disappeared around 2019 (and most traces of it on the internet have since vanished, with the exception of this image and a copy of said image) and I do not know if it was archived anywhere.
What I know:
- There were three models (Freshwater without the skimmer, Marine which is pictured above, and Reef which had an extra pump in the final chamber, connecting back to the skimmer)
- You could choose either filter floss or socks
- Featured an AquaC skimmer
- Trickle filter contained Eheim Substrat Pro and Lifegard Aquatics Bio-Mate
- Came with a UV sterilizer and a logbook (not pictured)

Please explain what you guys know and if you had any experience with it.
#reefsquad
 
Last edited:
Are you looking for a new sump similar to this, or...?
No, I was just curious if anyone had information or experience with this specific model. My modified Aqueon 20-gallon High sump has been working like a charm. Plus, the "Ultimate Sump" is overkill on my Aqueon 40-gallon Breeder.
 
Last edited:
Does Anyone Have Information On The "Ultimate Sump"?
I remember looking through Google images of sumps back around 2018 when I came across this particular build:
1632983181258.png

The image is very similar to those on the Lifereef site, though this sump was definitely not produced by said company. I believe it was called the "Ultimate Sump" (or maybe the “Ultimate Filter”) but I cannot confirm as the site it was sold on disappeared around 2019 (and most traces of it on the internet have since vanished, with the exception of this image and a copy of said image) and I do not know if it was archived anywhere.
What I know:
- There were three models (Freshwater without the skimmer, Marine which is pictured above, and Reef which had an extra pump in the final chamber, connecting back to the skimmer)
- You could choose either filter floss or socks
- Featured an AquaC skimmer
- Trickle filter contained Eheim Substrat Pro and Lifegard Aquatics Bio-Mate
- Came with a UV sterilizer and a logbook (not pictured)

Please explain what you guys know and if you had any experience with it.
#reefsquad
That is awesome. Who makes this........custom build???
 
If you want to go longer on a sump it cost a little more, if you want to go wider, it is time to sit down. So go wide if you can afford it.
 
If you want to go longer on a sump it cost a little more, if you want to go wider, it is time to sit down. So go wide if you can afford it.
Thanks for the response, but I am looking for information on the specific "Ultimate Sump" product model (the exact one pictured above), not what a sump should be like. I already have a modified 20-gallon High sump that works wonderfully.
 
Bump
I'm still wondering if anyone on Reef2Reef has ever owned the "Ultimate Aquarium Filter" sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new