Does anyone know how to keep a diamond goby successfuly?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ipyloves
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ipyloves

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2025
Messages
126
Reaction score
51
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife would love one and we got our first tank. I know it could take time to get everything stable especially since our max nano xxl isnt even wet yet but i want to plan for the future
 
SURE! I have one on in my tank currently. Been there for almost 2 years now. He is actually my favorite fish in the tank. What do you mean " how to keep one successfully"? Very easy fish to take care of. They just need lots of sand. And some stable rockwork for caves. So in planning, I would recommend placing rockwork in place prior to sand. The reason for this is the rocks are FAR more stable sitting directly on the glass than they are in the sand. The diamond goby will love to move sand around all day long so rocks being stable is very important.
 
Mine did fine with a mature sand bed. I can't really remember the time line but I had spaghetti worms in the sand before I added one. Eventually I got tired of it covering up coral that was on the bottom so I rehomed it.
Yeah that could be an issue with them for sure! Luckily I do not have any corals on my sandbed. My little guy moves sand non stop! He and I do battle over sand mountains. I smooth his work back out, and he piles it back up.
 
How deep is your sand bed? Btw thanks everyone for answering. This community is the most caring
 
What type of sand? I was looking at fiji pink live sand
That is a good sand. I used the Caribsea live sand. It may have even been the pink, I don't remember. The biggest thing is to get small grain. Gobies like to get a mouth full of sand and then sift it thru their gills.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new