Does anyone know what plant this is.

  • Thread starter Thread starter WVNed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2018
Messages
10,206
Reaction score
39,477
Location
Hurricane, WV
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It grew in the boxes I made for my deck. I do not think it is native here and came in one of the packages of seeds I planted.
i-GgF3n9T-L.jpg
i-s6r6DHf-L.jpg
 
Hibiscus trionum, commonly called flower-of-an-hour, bladder hibiscus, bladder ketmia, bladder weed, modesty, puarangi, shoofly, and venice mallow, is an annual plant native to the Old World tropics and subtropics. It has spread throughout southern Europe both as a weed and cultivated as a garden plant.
 
Thank You.

Mine does this. Each flower blooms during a single day that is sunny, and remains open for only a few hours.
Which made it kind of interesting to watch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new