Does anyone know what this is?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tohni
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tohni

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
44
Reaction score
22
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I flipped over a rock in my refugium and found which looks like a oyster or regular saltwater clam attached to a rock. It is alive. I have noticed it opens a little, when I touch the rock it will close. Doesn't really look like a regular saltwater oyster to me but I don't think saltwater clams adhere to rocks??
20180429_121915.jpg
 
Could be a jewel box clam? Any live rock from the sea lately?
 
Could be a jewel box clam? Any live rock from the sea lately?
No, some conch shells from the sea. I always boil them before putting in the tank though. I've never heard of a Jewel box clam.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new