Does anyone make am 8ft tank complete system

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the mental ability to do the design / layout of holes plumbing etc. Maybe I'll look through the build threads for ideas.
If you go with GC, Joe will help... They also have a cool program in their site that helps you design. Just don't overthink it too much - any builder will know how to place the holes once you let them know your general requirements (# of drains, # of returns, etc). I tried (unsuccessfully) to have Planet put the overflow box a little offset from the corner and spent way too much energy... It turned out fine the way they did it, and there are some advantages to not having it where I initially wanted it :)

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have the mental ability to do the design / layout of holes plumbing etc. Maybe I'll look through the build threads for ideas.
when i ordered my 120 from miricles he sent me plans where over flow, returns etc will be, but you can change it to your liking. Deric is very easy to work with.

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've heard great things about Miracles. I went with Planet (over GC) in large part due to them being (relatively) local which meant much less shipping cost.
i wanted to with planet, but on the east coast you have to go through LFS, every question i had took days to get an answer. same with shipping too expensive.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard great things about Miracles. I went with Planet (over GC) in large part due to them being (relatively) local which meant much less shipping cost.
Built to last and great craftsmanship. Very happy with mine and Derrick was great to work with. Some of the best tanks around though lead times were a lot when I got mine (took around 8 months)

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Built to last and great craftsmanship. Very happy with mine and Derrick was great to work with. Some of the best tanks around though lead times were a lot when I got mine (took around 8 months)
ordered last may got it end of july. agree over built thats why i went with Derick. didnt want a red sea incident on my new oak floors.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wanted to with planet, but on the east coast you have to go through LFS, every question i had took days to get an answer. same with shipping too expensive.
Same everywhere with Planet - you have to go through the LFS.

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to the glasscages website and select the "Bundle" button on the homepage, they list default build sizes up to 96". Price quote can include canopy and stand, sump might be the only thing missing.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass cages 312 would be perfect (found in the build threads) 96x30x25. I have the ability to build the stand and probably should since I bought all the woodworking equipment just to make a stand and have done 2 so far. Tangs are starting to outgrow the 180.
I have a 125g tank as a sump in my basement and probably should just plumb into that. It's nice not having to squat or bend down to work on things. Basement is unfinished so if I make a mess I just squeegy it down the sump. I'm just thinking out loud now. Its weird but typing thoughts out helps me to process things. Also helps convincing myself to make large purchases lol I Thanks all

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glass cages 312 would be perfect (found in the build threads) 96x30x25. I have the ability to build the stand and probably should since I bought all the woodworking equipment just to make a stand and have done 2 so far. Tangs are starting to outgrow the 180.
I have a 125g tank as a sump in my basement and probably should just plumb into that. It's nice not having to squat or bend down to work on things. Basement is unfinished so if I make a mess I just squeegy it down the sump. I'm just thinking out loud now. Its weird but typing thoughts out helps me to process things. Also helps convincing myself to make large purchases lol I Thanks all
i made my stand for my 300 years ago but i wanted everything solid so i went with there steel welded stand, but still have not skinned it. it might never happen. im an old retired mechanic like yourself so do everything myself but getting difficult.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i made my stand for my 300 years ago but i wanted everything solid so i went with there steel welded stand, but still have not skinned it. it might never happen. im an old retired mechanic like yourself so do everything myself but getting difficult.

Ah did not now that they offered steel stands. I'm just begining the journey so a lot to look into.
I hear you about things getting difficult and doing things myself. I think an attorney was the last person I paid to do something. I also am getting my Gal trained to bend down and get stuff for me cuz of bad knees and a hip. I could do it but figure I may as well get her used to it since I'm only going to get worse lol

BrettE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CADE has the 2100, which is just under 7 foot. I think it's 2100 mm long. Comes with stand, stump, tank, and plumbing. @AlgaeBarn sells them in the US. I bought a CADE from them a few months ago. I was pretty happy with he experience.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CADE has the 2100, which is just under 7 foot. I think it's 2100 mm long. Comes with stand, stump, tank, and plumbing. @AlgaeBarn sells them in the US. I bought a CADE from them a few months ago. I was pretty happy with he experience.
Thanks. That's a pretty sweet looking set up. Depth and height are perfect. Now do I have to have 8' :thinking-face:
Sorry more random thoughts. My 180 and 125 sump are getting up there in age and the silicone is starting to look a little sketchy on the DT is another reason I'm looking into this

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back