Does anyone run this T5 Hybrid setup ?

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4' Aquatic Life Hybrid fixture with 1 Actinic, 1 Blue+, 1 Coral+, & 1 Purple+ and 3 Kessil A360We's.

If Not, what T5 bulb combo would be best ? for overall SPS growth and visual appeal.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4' Aquatic Life Hybrid fixture with 1 Actinic, 1 Blue+, 1 Coral+, & 1 Purple+ and 3 Kessil A360We's.

If Not, what T5 bulb combo would be best ? for overall SPS growth and visual appeal.
Kind of similar, I'm running the 3 foot aquatic life hybrid fixture with an AP700
I've been doing two Blue+ and two Actinic and everything is growing like a weed :)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running the 4' fixture with 3x A160WE's and the following bulbs back to front: B+ / A / C+ / B+. I will be changing the C+ back to the actinic it replaced, and moving the bulbs back to B+ / A / B+ / A. The C+ is just too white, even running my A160's full actinic I don't like the look of it. Much of the fault of that is probably because my fixtures are 30w max, whereas the A360's are 90w max and won't be overpowered by the T5's like these are. My pink lemonade frag has encrusted about an extra 3/4" and started to sprout numerous new starter branches in the time I've had the T5's online, almost all of which was under blue+ & actinic.

BRS runs their 160 series tank with A360's at 50% colour and four blue+, and that tank is looking great. Whatever you find visually appealing, go with it. I would try and see if you can find some local T5 guys that are able to turn some channels off and see how their tank looks with B+, C+, etc.

4' fixture with four Kessil 160's with coral + and blue +. Getting some good growth with this combo.
Any pictures? And what are you running the 160's at during "peak" period?

Last edited:

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Up until recently I was running 4 bulbs of T5 (2 on each side) and Kessil A360W's in the center.

I wouldn't worry too much with your T5 bulb combinations. Pick a bulb combination you like visually and use your Kessil's to fine tune to the desired overall color. With that said, I do think having one or two full spectrum T5 bulbs like the coral plus bulb that you are using is probably beneficial but still visually appealing with a 4 bulb setup.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back