Does hair algae on frag plug effect chalice growth?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeD88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeD88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
283
Reaction score
20
Location
Syracuse, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm begining to notice some hair algae growing around my BPC flamethrower frag and Tangerine dreams frag. It is near the ridge of the chalice on the plug... my questions is, does this effect growth? Is there anything I can do to stop it? Thanks for any help
 
I'm having the same problems on my zoa frag plugs. I just manually get them off with soft toothbrush. My frag racks are hair algae magnet. I have to take the rack off few times a month to wash the algae growth off. Good luck
 
I have had the same issue with a Monster Mash Frag. the hair algae grows, and i scrape it off, repeat, repeat!:sad:

I'm just trying to keep it in check until the MM grows over the areas where the hair algae is rooted.
Dave
 
Ok, so I should actually manually remove it? This doesn't stress the coral more than just leaving it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new