Does my Wyoming white clown have ich or something related? So hard to tell.

flobup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I picked up this pair of clowns at my LFS without really inspecting the fish as much as I usually do but overall they looked very healthy. a few weeks ago I noticed Two white spots on one of their faces. Put him in QT for 14 days with low salinity lvl and Cupramine treatment. Watched him closely, no scratching, eating normally, and acting completely normal. The white spots did not reduce in size at all. Is this jsut how some white clown fish look?

Also the other clown that is paired with above clown got some kind of bacterial disease the first day in the tank (white stringy poop) got him in a separate QT and he made a full recovery.

Pictures below

2EA0BD42-581D-41C4-B623-3410AB7819D3.jpeg 44C024C7-98B7-4CD0-9724-BC3993FE1D17.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't see any white spots. Are talking the spots in front of the eyes? Wyoming whites can have odd markings, one of mine has a goofy splotch on one side.

OP
OP
F

flobup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't see any white spots. Are talking the spots in front of the eyes? Wyoming whites can have odd markings, one of mine has a goofy splotch on one side.
Yeah the ones under his eyes and lower right face. guess I’ll jsut leave him be and hope for the best :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back