Does this chalice have a name

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this chalice. I did have to alter the photo to make it look like it does in person. It is still not 100% accurate, but pretty darn close. The photos were taken under 5 ATI blue plus, 2 Fiji purples and a UVL super actinic.

The colors are amazing and now but were not this nice when I got it as a one eye frag.

chalice-1.jpg

OP
OP
dakotasreef

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is almost exatly what it looks like in person. I feel like the color of mine seems to improve every week. This is my favorite of my lps/softie collection.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More pink less peach than the light bright, which I like actually.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Beakerbob Wildfire chalice.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the wildfire and lite brite are the same, once again op's coral has less of the yellow/gold and more pink in it .02

OP
OP
dakotasreef

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think that they are the same. I would think in different conditions and lighting it could go either way.

I also have to correct my original post. This was taken under just ATI Blue plus's. This thing glows in person, I can not imagine what it would look like under LED's.

Bio-nut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a piece of that chalice from Matt at Fish n' Frags two years ago and it was a no name wild caught colony. SDguy was selling a few frag of a similar chalice i beleive it is "beaker bob wild fire."

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the wildfire
IMG_4868.jpg

Just keep in mind unless it's sold with a name it doesn't have a name. Meaning if people say it looks like the Wildfire you can't go around saying it is. If it was Mr Coral, it was probably a cut up tranship or wholesale colony he bought. It's nice regardless. Slap a name like dakotas fistfullofcolor chalice on it and call it a day.

Back