Does Vibrant work to get rid of unwanted algae?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no doubt that it works. However, I looked at some under a microscope and saw nary a bacteria... so I have some suspicions that it is not what they say it is. In some ways, I do not blame them for not wanting to share a trade secret.... and nobody will trust stuff unless they think that they understand what it is (big emphasis on "think").

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody run an ATS while using this stuff? Will it kill the ATS?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Didn't work for me. Been dosing it about four months now in attempt to get rid of bubble algae in one of my systems. Best I can tell it hasn't made a dent... maybe slowed the spread, but I've got bubbles that have been in there so long that they are growing coralline on them. If it works on hair and bryopsis, I don't think it's as fast acting as fluconazole, but glad that it's working for you!

I had a nice outbreak of bubble alage, hair algae and dinos so i started dosing heavy! When I say heavy, to the tune of 50ML PER DAY on my 450g or so system. It took several weeks but the bubble algae eventually turned white and released and is gone. Dinos are gone as well but I making sure by keeping up the dosing pace for a while. I bought a whole case. Oh and honest to goodness my corals have never seemed better. Not only do they look good but they are growing great. I just have a few sps fras and some monti and they are all fine as well.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 1 month of dosing vibrant my corals seem unfaced.
6fe903582b0fe5c03a46ff6fb6472d0b.jpg
9ebd693f0e67d6d9683f9f7c5ea07c20.jpg
Do you only have zoanthids?

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the first video it was said that his acros receded. That sounds a bit scary for me. My systems are full on acropora.
Has anyone else had this experience?
I have heard from several people who had issues with sps and lps when trying. One thing it does is drive down nutrients. UWC warns that you should make sure nitrate doesn't bottom out while dosing. That phrase alone would prevent me from using it. I'm sps dominant as well

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another satisfied customer here. I had this slimy stuff all over my rocks (what I believed might be dinos, but never had it verified under microscope). I started using Vibrant and it eventually went away. I do have a small refugium in the sump and the caulerpa I had in it died back drastically also. I did get a little cyano afterword, but then used the KZ Cyano Clean WITH the KZ Marine Snow as recommended and the cyano disappeared. Everything is gone now and the tank looks better than ever. Definitely a Vibrant fan.

Ross Corbett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this in a tank with anenomes and if so we're there any adverse effects ?

Decat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this would do to the Algae growing in my Algae Scrubber?

I would like to use it to get rid of some algae in my tank, but I don't want it to mess up my algae scrubber.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this would do to the Algae growing in my Algae Scrubber?

I would like to use it to get rid of some algae in my tank, but I don't want it to mess up my algae scrubber.
It will not differentiate between the algae in your tank vs your algae scrubber. Most people said it killed their fuge algae.

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a nice outbreak of bubble alage, hair algae and dinos so i started dosing heavy! When I say heavy, to the tune of 50ML PER DAY on my 450g or so system. It took several weeks but the bubble algae eventually turned white and released and is gone. Dinos are gone as well but I making sure by keeping up the dosing pace for a while. I bought a whole case. Oh and honest to goodness my corals have never seemed better. Not only do they look good but they are growing great. I just have a few sps fras and some monti and they are all fine as well.
Wow, a lot more than I have been dosing. I was doing 7.5ml per week on a 50g system. I will try upping my dosing to 4-5ml per day and see what happens.

Supermario1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a video that shows my before/after with vibrant. It worked REALLY well in my tank. Just jumping on the pile of people who report success. It really does work - and the algae hasn't came back after a few weeks of not dosing.

How soon can you reintroduce cheato?

rosshamsandwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it does. Hair algae and Bryopsis were really kicking by buttocks!!! Algae went crazy after some big Natural sea water changes. I've always used NSW a few times a year and never had problems. Maybe the hurricanes stirred something up.

PHOTO_20180215_130703.jpg

PHOTO_20180215_130715.jpg
ISN'T THIS JUST BACTERIA?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.7%
Back