Don't know If this is normal or not

Jlowe8049

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these clownfish in this morning and put them in my quarantine tank and they've been doing this for the past couple hours since I put them in can anybody tell me what this is

Attachments

• VID_20210122_115704.mp4
    40.7 MB

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got these clownfish in this morning and put them in my quarantine tank and they've been doing this for the past couple hours since I put them in can anybody tell me what this is
I cannot view the movie? What are they doing?

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The swimming, being close to and next to each other is pretty normal. The down on the sand isn't (at least not the clowns I've ever had) but not alarming, that's what my pair look like when they are sleeping, though they usually do it vertically on the black painted back glass. That tank looks brand new, how long has it been setup?

They seem to be breathing pretty rapidly though. Did you pickup from a LFS or were they shipped? If shipped, may want to turn off the light for the rest of the day and let them adjust to being free from a pitch black box. Whenever I get shipped fish I spend a good 2 hours slowly acclimating them to light again starting in a closet and ending in the tank room with blinds drawn and tank lights off.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The swimming, being close to and next to each other is pretty normal. The down on the sand isn't (at least not the clowns I've ever had) but not alarming, that's what my pair look like when they are sleeping, though they usually do it vertically on the black painted back glass. That tank looks brand new, how long has it been setup?

They seem to be breathing pretty rapidly though. Did you pickup from a LFS or were they shipped? If shipped, may want to turn off the light for the rest of the day and let them adjust to being free from a pitch black box. Whenever I get shipped fish I spend a good 2 hours slowly acclimating them to light again starting in a closet and ending in the tank room with blinds drawn and tank lights off.
I believe he said it was a quarantine tank?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 80 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 64 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back