Don't know If this is normal or not

Jlowe8049

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
23
Location
Chattanooga
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these clownfish in this morning and put them in my quarantine tank and they've been doing this for the past couple hours since I put them in can anybody tell me what this is
 

Attachments

  • VID_20210122_115704.mp4
    40.7 MB
I got these clownfish in this morning and put them in my quarantine tank and they've been doing this for the past couple hours since I put them in can anybody tell me what this is
I cannot view the movie? What are they doing?
 
The swimming, being close to and next to each other is pretty normal. The down on the sand isn't (at least not the clowns I've ever had) but not alarming, that's what my pair look like when they are sleeping, though they usually do it vertically on the black painted back glass. That tank looks brand new, how long has it been setup?

They seem to be breathing pretty rapidly though. Did you pickup from a LFS or were they shipped? If shipped, may want to turn off the light for the rest of the day and let them adjust to being free from a pitch black box. Whenever I get shipped fish I spend a good 2 hours slowly acclimating them to light again starting in a closet and ending in the tank room with blinds drawn and tank lights off.
 
The swimming, being close to and next to each other is pretty normal. The down on the sand isn't (at least not the clowns I've ever had) but not alarming, that's what my pair look like when they are sleeping, though they usually do it vertically on the black painted back glass. That tank looks brand new, how long has it been setup?

They seem to be breathing pretty rapidly though. Did you pickup from a LFS or were they shipped? If shipped, may want to turn off the light for the rest of the day and let them adjust to being free from a pitch black box. Whenever I get shipped fish I spend a good 2 hours slowly acclimating them to light again starting in a closet and ending in the tank room with blinds drawn and tank lights off.
I believe he said it was a quarantine tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new