Don't order tank from tank depot

Gaoweihd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2019
Messages
111
Reaction score
82
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid a premium for the expensive shipping, and the tank arrived with permanent scratches and dirt.
I requested a replacement and their customer service responded "it's only cosmetic issues".
Extremely disappointed.

IMG_9827.jpeg


IMG_9830.jpeg
 
Always do ship to store and if any issue return on the spot
 
Probably can clean it up pretty easily with some rubbing compound and a buffer.
 
I'd be bummed about that. I might see what your credit card says about it.
 
That has some pretty deep scratches in it. While cosmetic it is still not new.
I agree. Buffer and some compound is the only way to get that out.
Dry Eraser does a lot of crazy cleaning and what not so it may work.

Eat some spinach before you start the dry eraser, you will have huge forearms when you are done scrubbing it.
 
it's not close to me, 2 hours drive...
Well, honestly, 2 hours ain't that far for something like this. Yes, it's inconvenient, but once that drive is done there and back, it's in the past and forgotten.
 
Those tanks almost always ship like that unprotected. One of the biger vendors (I don't remember which one) has an option during checkout to pay extra and have them shrink wrap the tank to help protect it from the issue you are seeing. The freight companies just throw them around, they don't care about keeping parcels clean.
 
That’s crazy!
Looks like someone tossed that around, and around, and then it fell off the truck, skidded down the road.
And top notch customer service.
That’s for the tip.
Delisted.
 
Is the inside dirty? That thing looks half used and abused. Good to know about Tank Depot and the craptastic customer service.
inside is clear, I think it's the UPS shipping, I saw them literally dump my tank from the truck to the ground without any protection. The tank doesn't have any packaging when delivered
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new