Don't quit reefing because you made these heater mistakes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you put the future of your tank and reefing hobby in the hands of a $30 heater?

Don't make the same mistakes we've made with aquarium heaters and save your aquarium from failing altogether!

Yevoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd still rather have a year old known working heater, watched by the Apex. Than a new one I bought for no reason other than the first one was a year old.

You can read the reviews on your site. A bad heater can give out at any point. 2 years or 2 days. So I would rather keep using the one I know works than rolling the dice again on a replacement.

PS. Other than that great video.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd still rather have a year old known working heater, watched by the Apex. Than a new one I bought for no reason other than the first one was a year old.

You can read the reviews on your site. A bad heater can give out at any point. 2 years or 2 days. So I would rather keep using the one I know works than rolling the dice again on a replacement.

Preach it

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't think heater malfunctions are the reason to replace your heater every year. Heater failures on or off are not usually a big deal. In most cases, having a heater fail on won't raise the temperature of the tank too much before you notice. If you have temperature monitoring or a backup controller, you probably won't even notice that it's stuck on. On the other side of that coin, having a heater fail off is not a big deal at all. Tanks can last a really, really long time without heat unless they're in a cold basement in the dead of winter.

The reason to replace heaters annually is because catastrophic heater failure is basically a guaranteed tank crash. If a heater shatters or breaks underwater, you're not only going to be putting 120VAC into your tank, you've also contaminated the water with copper and other heavy metals.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 50 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back