Dorm Room Waterbox 20

Coopdod50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I just setup my 3rd reef that I'm quite excited about. Originally I had a Cobalt Aquatics CVue40 in my dorm but after less than a semester I decided it was entirely too large for the room and a HUGE pain to transport back and forth home over long breaks since I live 3+ hours away. Being a procrastinator at heart it took me a few weeks to decide what tank I wanted but I finally decided on the Waterbox 20 Cube and I'm happy I did. I'll try and post once a week at least and be as active as possible so feel free to follow along. My plans for the tank are to have a "mixed" reef but I'll definitely be keeping more Acros than anything along with Chalices, Zoas, Torches, and a few other various LPS. Also, If you are in Oklahoma and interested in the CVue 40 it is for sale so feel free to ask!
62623143880__EC45FEBC-E32F-468D-BCA5-DFC18AF866B5.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG

OP
OP
Coopdod50

Coopdod50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice to see a fellow Okie.....
I am at FOWLR myself not trusting my skills to corals yet !
I did FOWLR for about 6 months before deciding to try my hand at reefing and its been an addiction ever since!

OP
OP
Coopdod50

Coopdod50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after several days of everything running smoothly I decided it was time to add a few more corals. So off to Tulsa I went. I headed to The Coral Guy fist, if you're anywhere near Tulsa I'd highly recommend this place. He's got a great shop with fantastic livestock selection and he's a very nice guy but he does have really weird hours so it's difficult to get there when he's open. I picked up two chalices while there and he actually threw in a free one for me since he knows how much I love them. Next I went to Aquarium Customs down the road for the first time. Overall it wasn't a bad store but their coral selection was rather disappointing so I probably won't go back unless I need dry goods which he had a fantastic selection of.

I placed an order with World Wide Corals on Monday and specified I wanted Saturday delivery because the mailroom at my dorm normally gets stuff to me pretty quick on Saturdays. Unfortunately by the time the package arrived the mailroom had closed so my package is likely at the FedEx store which is closed till Monday... Fingers crossed my purchase is ok.
Image-4.jpg
Image-3.jpg
Image-2.jpg
Image-1.jpg

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I just setup my 3rd reef that I'm quite excited about. Originally I had a Cobalt Aquatics CVue40 in my dorm but after less than a semester I decided it was entirely too large for the room and a HUGE pain to transport back and forth home over long breaks since I live 3+ hours away. Being a procrastinator at heart it took me a few weeks to decide what tank I wanted but I finally decided on the Waterbox 20 Cube and I'm happy I did. I'll try and post once a week at least and be as active as possible so feel free to follow along. My plans for the tank are to have a "mixed" reef but I'll definitely be keeping more Acros than anything along with Chalices, Zoas, Torches, and a few other various LPS. Also, If you are in Oklahoma and interested in the CVue 40 it is for sale so feel free to ask!
62623143880__EC45FEBC-E32F-468D-BCA5-DFC18AF866B5.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG
I love this tank, do you like running 2 primes I only have one on my 20.

OP
OP
Coopdod50

Coopdod50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this tank, do you like running 2 primes I only have one on my 20.
The tank is less than a week old so I don't have a long term answer but from what I've noticed so far I really like the two. It gives a good spread and there's hardly any shaded spots like you may get with only one. My ultimate goal for the tank is to be Acro dominated so we'll see how they perform once I start stocking some of those.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! I'm currently an Aerospace Security major at Oklahoma State and I'm working on my private pilots license. Hoping to have it by February!
Ahh nice! That’s a long time for ppl. I finished mine in 57 hours but my chief pilot said I could have done it in 47 Bc of how long I was gone because of covid shutdowns. I’m doing an 8 week instrument right now will be done by Christmas. Any questions let me know ;)

OP
OP
Coopdod50

Coopdod50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update on things. I contacted WWC and they sent me another Space Ballz chalice, however, they sent it to the wrong address. Rather than sending it to the same address (my dorm) as the first one like I said, they sent it to my actual house which is 3.5 hours away. So, I had to leave at 5pm to go home and get it and didn't get back till around 11pm. and of course by the time I got back it was too late to save the replacement. I feel bad bugging them but its a $200 frag so I'd like to at least get store credit.

OP
OP
Coopdod50

Coopdod50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend I finally got around to getting my corals from a friend who was holding my more expensive and personal favorite pieces while I transferred tanks. Pieces include a Raja Rampage Chalice with 20 eyes, a Miami Hurricane Chalice, two large torches, and several other chalices ( if you can't tell that's my favorite coral). The last 4
Image-4.jpg
Image-5.jpg
Image-6.jpg
Image-7.jpg
Image-1.jpg
Image-2.jpg
Image-3.jpg
Image-8.jpg
photos are new pieces I got at a LFS in Tulsa that I don't know the names of so if you know them feel free to let me know!

This Friday I'll be transporting my tank home for Thanksgiving/ Christmas break and that's always a stressful drive.

OP
OP
Coopdod50

Coopdod50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been MIA for a while but life happens. I had to move the tank, take finals, and I went on a vacation for the first time this year so things got quite hectic. Update on the tank: While moving I realized how much of a pain its going to be to move the rocks with the corals on it so I decided to ditch the rocks and transform it into a frag tank. So far everything has been thriving and I couldn't be happier. I've also finally rolled the dice on acros and they're thriving. I've got a little box from TSA coming Wednesday that I'll post about then I'll be moving the tank again on the 20th. Here's a few pictures of some recent pickups including my new holy grail, a JF Chemical Reaction Chalice from WWC. Normally $300 I managed to get if for free thanks to credit and Cyber Monday.
Image-1.jpg
Image-1 3.jpg
Image-1 2.jpg
Image-2.jpg
Image-3.jpg
Image-4.jpg
Image-6.jpg
Image-8.jpg
Image-7.jpg

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been MIA for a while but life happens. I had to move the tank, take finals, and I went on a vacation for the first time this year so things got quite hectic. Update on the tank: While moving I realized how much of a pain its going to be to move the rocks with the corals on it so I decided to ditch the rocks and transform it into a frag tank. So far everything has been thriving and I couldn't be happier. I've also finally rolled the dice on acros and they're thriving. I've got a little box from TSA coming Wednesday that I'll post about then I'll be moving the tank again on the 20th. Here's a few pictures of some recent pickups including my new holy grail, a JF Chemical Reaction Chalice from WWC. Normally $300 I managed to get if for free thanks to credit and Cyber Monday.
Image-1.jpg
Image-1 3.jpg
Image-1 2.jpg
Image-2.jpg
Image-3.jpg
Image-4.jpg
Image-6.jpg
Image-8.jpg
Image-7.jpg
Welcome back! How’s flying been? I’ve been extremely slammed with it lol!
just passed my IFR written and stage 2 exam. Should have my instrument by the end of the month. That written is so stressful I recommend getting it out of the way ASAP

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Image-1.jpg
Image-1 3.jpg
Image-1 2.jpg
Image-2.jpg
Image-3.jpg
Image-4.jpg
Image-6.jpg
Image-8.jpg
Image-7.jpg
Looking good! Those acros look super healthy.

I’m curious, how are you handling biological filtration now without the rock?

OP
OP
Coopdod50

Coopdod50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! How’s flying been? I’ve been extremely slammed with it lol!
just passed my IFR written and stage 2 exam. Should have my instrument by the end of the month. That written is so stressful I recommend getting it out of the way ASAP
Good to hear man! Honestly mine has been slow as hell. I have only flown once since August because all the flight schools by me were full. But, I finally got a spot so I'll be flying twice a week starting next week.

OP
OP
Coopdod50

Coopdod50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Those acros look super healthy.

I’m curious, how are you handling biological filtration now without the rock?
Thanks! I've got the second filter chamber about halfway full of Marine Pure spheres, there's between 15-20 of those things stuffed back there and they seem to be doing the trick. I have had a bit of excess algae but I think that's due to me only having two hermits and a snail. I knew I lost a few CUC members but didn't realize that many so I'll need to add a few.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 114 58.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 70 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.6%
Back