DOS APEX Programming Help Please

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is probably really simple for some, but I have my DOS 6_1 and 6_2 completing daily 1 gallon water changes from 07:30 to 09:30. I want to turn my Apex ATO system off during this time. I opened the config in both the 6_1 and 6_2 and clicked on the advanced tab, but there was nothing even in there. Hoping you all can help me.

* On side note... Is there anyway to setup the manual water changes to not do the water change over a 24hr period?

DOS1.PNG DOS2.PNG DOSCONFIG.PNG ADVANCED.PNG

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, if you're using the standard Neptune water change process where the DOS adds and removes the exact same amount of water at the same time, then there's no need to disable your ATO because the water level won't change due to the water change. Any change in water level will be the result of natural evaporation, so it's best to allow your ATO to continue to top off with fresh water.

On the other hand, if you're determined to turn off the ATO anyway, then simply add a line of code to your ATO's output program to turn it off during the hours your water change is running:

If Time 7:30 to 9:30 Then OFF

For your manual water change question, simply run the Manual Water Change setup task in Fusion, then go into the DOS schedule for both DOS outputs and change the hours of the schedule to your preference.

Lastly, for your question why there's nothing in the Advanced tab for the DOS, that section is only used for commands to override the schedule, typically used for Feed cycles or Maintenance overrides. The graphical schedule controls the DOS unless something in the Advance tab evaluates True to override the schedule.

OP
OP
TWiSTEDSOCiETY

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, if you're using the standard Neptune water change process where the DOS adds and removes the exact same amount of water at the same time, then there's no need to disable your ATO because the water level won't change due to the water change. Any change in water level will be the result of natural evaporation, so it's best to allow your ATO to continue to top off with fresh water.

On the other hand, if you're determined to turn off the ATO anyway, then simply add a line of code to your ATO's output program to turn it off during the hours your water change is running:

If Time 7:30 to 9:30 Then OFF

For your manual water change question, simply run the Manual Water Change setup task in Fusion, then go into the DOS schedule for both DOS outputs and change the hours of the schedule to your preference.

Lastly, for your question why there's nothing in the Advanced tab for the DOS, that section is only used for commands to override the schedule, typically used for Feed cycles or Maintenance overrides. The graphical schedule controls the DOS unless something in the Advance tab evaluates True to override the schedule.
Thank you Suncrest. You are absolutely correct that they should be adding and subtracting at the very same rate and most of the time they do. I maybe just need to increase the delay for the ATO. It seems to kick on during the water change more often then when it isn't running. I'll just increase the delay a little bit and see if that works.

As far as the manual water change. I'll run through the manual setup, but last time I did it, it added two new sliders. H2O_Control and H2O_can'tremember and also binded my feed D to press for the manual change. I pressed the feed D and it didn't do anything for 2 hours, so I just deleted the new sliders and gave up. I chocked it up to not turning on cause it was spread over 24 hours and was only 5 gallons. I just couldn't find the code to change it and I also was confused as to one other thing.

When you go through the setup for both automatic and manual water changes and input the amount of water to change. Apex figures out the time for the change and or recommended time. Right now a 5 gallon water change is set for 7 hours, but it only does approx 500ml at a time and then waits 5-10 mins before it changes another 500ml. How can I figure out when I change the code for the manual change from the 24 hours period to say 5 gallons in 4 hours that the DOS can keep up? I hope that makes sense lol. Thanks again for all your help.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DOS is not designed to be a continuous duty pump. It will always run for a period of time, then pause to allow the motors to cool, then resume pumping. There is no way around this. If you want the water change to run non-stop, then you'll need to buy a different set of pumps. The maximum the DOS can pump is about 31 gallons per day, or about 1.3 gallons per hour.

Back