DOS AWC Manual AND Auto

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Onthefly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic thread!

Just Installed my DOS last night and got the AWC set up no problem. Thank you @SuncrestReef for the help on creating a manual option. I linked mine to FeedC (as FeedD is already a dosing timer). My question is, I'd only like my AWC to run Monday thru Friday...giving me the weekend to prep fresh NSW as needed. Is adding the following code accurate for the DOS pumps:

If DoW S-----S Then OFF
If FeedC 000 Then DOS_MWC

As I see it, the first line shuts the AWC down for the weekend, but if I hit the FeedC, then it will still do a MWC? Is that correct?

THX!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic thread!

Just Installed my DOS last night and got the AWC set up no problem. Thank you @SuncrestReef for the help on creating a manual option. I linked mine to FeedC (as FeedD is already a dosing timer). My question is, I'd only like my AWC to run Monday thru Friday...giving me the weekend to prep fresh NSW as needed. Is adding the following code accurate for the DOS pumps:

If DoW S-----S Then OFF
If FeedC 000 Then DOS_MWC

As I see it, the first line shuts the AWC down for the weekend, but if I hit the FeedC, then it will still do a MWC? Is that correct?

THX!
Yes, your code is correct. Since the Apex only applies the last line that’s True, your Feed button would override the DOW restrictions.

cybrook1421

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SuncrestReef Just looking at your wonderful guide trying to set up a manual and auto at the same time. Based on your instructions, it seems like the daily auto water change and the manual water change initiated by the feed cycle or virtual outlet would need to be the same.

I was wondering if it was possible to set up the manual feed button WC to change a different amount than the AWC the DOS has control over. For example, the Dos would automatically change 2.5 gallons a day MTWTF. Then the feed button would make the DOS do 10 gallons like in your instructions.

Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

Moonraker76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the planning stages of designing the mixing station in what will be our fish room.

One question regarding the DOS and Auto water changes.

The plan is to have a RODI tank and a saltwater tank around about 400/500 litres or so but we want to feed that saltwater to three separate tanks (display system/fish QT/Coral-invert QT). I'm debating three separate Apex's on each tank and then an independent DOS on each tank.

Would it be feasible to plumb the same saltwater container to feed AWC for all three tanks using separate Apex/DOS or is this asking for trouble and would it then be easier to automatically change the DT and just do a manual change on the two smaller tanks?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back