DOS - Does it run warm?

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2014
Messages
2,799
Reaction score
3,353
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering putting my DOS inside an enclosed cabinet with my EB8's and other Apex modules. Before doing this, I want to be sure that the DOS doesn't put off any heat. I don't plan on running it continuously or under any stress as it will be dosing 2-part.

Thanks!
 
Considering putting my DOS inside an enclosed cabinet with my EB8's and other Apex modules. Before doing this, I want to be sure that the DOS doesn't put off any heat. I don't plan on running it continuously or under any stress as it will be dosing 2-part.

Thanks!
You'll be just fine with the DOS pumps (not generating any more heat) and they are top notch dosing pumps.

You could always add an air opening in the back of your cabinet if need be.
 
agreed. i run 2 dos and the motors don't turn enough to produce heat.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new