Dos manual water change delay?

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Messages
1,642
Reaction score
1,332
Location
Williamstown NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently purchased the dos quiet drive so I could set up automated water changes.
I set up the water change through the task menu and everything seemed fine, but when I started the appropriate feed cycle to start the water change nothing happened. I when to work and when I got back my salt water reservoir did seem to be missing the appropriate amount of mixed water and the tank wasn’t empty/ overflown, so it seems that a water change did happen. I was under the impression that the change should happen immediately after pressing the button. Am I wrong? Is there a way to get rid of the delay?
 
So I recently purchased the dos quiet drive so I could set up automated water changes.
I set up the water change through the task menu and everything seemed fine, but when I started the appropriate feed cycle to start the water change nothing happened. I when to work and when I got back my salt water reservoir did seem to be missing the appropriate amount of mixed water and the tank wasn’t empty/ overflown, so it seems that a water change did happen. I was under the impression that the change should happen immediately after pressing the button. Am I wrong? Is there a way to get rid of the delay?
While I am not familiar with the device, what does customer service at manufacture say?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new