Dose 2 part and Mag while on Triton?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just setting up a Jebao DP4 doser to run Triton method. I currently have a large refugium that's already thriving and I currently add kalkwasser to my ATO water. Can you or should you dose 2 part or kalkwasser and magnesium while following the Triton Method?

johnzena

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just setting up a Jebao DP4 doser to run Triton method. I currently have a large refugium that's already thriving and I currently add kalkwasser to my ATO water. Can you or should you dose 2 part or kalkwasser and magnesium while following the Triton Method?
On this sites homepage there is a Triton thread. There is a wealth of informarion there. If you add parts other than Triton you will be double dosing.

OP
OP
Ignitros

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no? If I understand correctly... You're saying that the 4 bottles dosed in equal parts should get me all my calcium and alk that I need? There should be no need to dose anything else just possibly increase the amount dosed based on my tank?

johnzena

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no? If I understand correctly... You're saying that the 4 bottles dosed in equal parts should get me all my calcium and alk that I need? There should be no need to dose anything else?
Without a doubt. The Triton 1,2,3a and 3b will get your numbers up.

OP
OP
Ignitros

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay... Once I start dosing Triton I will stop adding kalkwasser to the ATO. Any other advice you'd give me just starting up?

johnzena

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay... Once I start dosing Triton I will stop adding kalkwasser to the ATO. Any other advice you'd give me just starting up?
It is easy to overdose. I would dose manually until you know your daily consumption. Test daily and keep a log until you are certain.

JaCkYl321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also was thinking about dosing kalk with triton, if to only bump my ph. I'm curious if I dose a fixed amount of kalkwasser and then lower my triton dosage accordingly so my levels stay where they should be, would that work. Pre-triton I dosed kalkwasser in my ato, about 5 gallons a week, and then additionally compensate with 2 part. So I was gonna start with a fixed amount of 2 gallons a week and have the ato make up the rest. Has anyone done anything like this?

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend caution and observation when boosting PH and using Core7. Core7 already has PH stabilizing components in it, so it would be easy to shoot PH too high if you are not observing PH closely.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back