Doser 2.1 - Is it possible to disable or add a password to the Wifi SSID?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

underwood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My doser broadcasts an unsecured "GHL-Doser2" wifi SSID. From a security perspective, this is suboptimal, so I would like to either disable the SSID or add a password.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I've searched on Google and skimmed through the GHL Forums without finding an answer.

For additional context, I do not use the phone app. I either connect directly via USB or over wifi from Control Center (but have been encountering constant issues with this method since the last firmware update).

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to leave the default SSID without a password. :)

You can type-in a password here:
upload_2018-4-16_18-4-11.png

Just connect to your Doser via USB, click SYSTEM, then click SETTINGS. Enter the password you want to use, click SAVE and you're done.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other option is to add your doser to your WiFi network. Doing so will disable the hotspot and connect the doser to your network which then allows you to access it within the WiFi range of your network.

We have a how-to video on that here:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back