Doser 2.1 with RO lines

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kasso187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using RO lines on their dosers? I have 3/16" barb to 1/4" stem fittings. I would have to order the 1/4" RO straight fittings and the 1/4" RO bulkheads.

BUT, before I go down that route and potentially waste $50 on fittings....

I have 3mm ID x 5mm OD silicone tubing, should I just use that?

I'm scarred from having a cheap doser previously that would have air in the lines every couple of days, and I don't want that when I redo my setup with my GHL 2.1 SA.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta ask, why RO lines on a 2.1 doser? I would go with a poly rather than a heavy RO tube. RO lines are stiff, bulky and a general pain in the butt to work with.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used 1/4” drip irrigation fittings (usually available at Lowe’s or HD) to transition between silicone/ro tubing/air line. They work very well going on a couple years. I do also use John guest fittings, they are expensive though.

I use both silicone and ro tubing depending on the situation. The transparency and stiffness are the 2 main considerations. Both work fine.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyethelene or Polyvinyl Chloride?

Mainly just for aesthetics.
PVC Clear Vinyl Tubing

Just for the colors? Perhaps some colored silicone tubing would do the job? I just hate the rigidity of RO tubing. I used it for my AWC and it was a pain to deal with.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So whats a really good tubing for dosing pumps that I can possibly buy on Amazon or Marine Depot?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So whats a really good tubing for dosing pumps that I can possibly buy on Amazon or Marine Depot?
Silicon tubing or Poly vinyl. PV tubing and silicon tubing can be bought at any local hardware, fish store. Also Silicon tubing is used in the RC hobby for fuel line so hobby shops carry it too.

Support local businesses if you can.

JasonC80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a short run of airline tubing, then 3/16 dosing line to adapt to RODI. So flex near the dosing heads then ease of routing rodi tubing down the line. Working well so far

Aquagen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more joins you have the more chance of air in the lines. I ditch the clear barbs on all my dosers, cheap and expensive, and change to 4mm irrigation barbs.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 117 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back