Dosing advice

NorwichReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a question regarding alkalinity dosing using a dosing pump. I'm fairly new to using a dose and I have my doser set to dose 36ml of fauna marin alk spread out over 24 equal doses dosed every hour. Is this OK? I'm worried about alk swings and thinking maybe I should dose the majority of it during my 12hr photo period when corals are actively consuming it. What do you guys with dosers do?

TooMuchDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a question regarding alkalinity dosing using a dosing pump. I'm fairly new to using a dose and I have my doser set to dose 36ml of fauna marin alk spread out over 24 equal doses dosed every hour. Is this OK? I'm worried about alk swings and thinking maybe I should dose the majority of it during my 12hr photo period when corals are actively consuming it. What do you guys with dosers do?
I'm not sure what fauna marin alk actually is. But if it is soda ash like I use then it will raise the ph so it can be helpful to dose it at night to keep ph up.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every hour, That’s fine, just remember not to dose CA at the same time.
I dose like you on the hour, dosing CA, I do on the half.

Some like to dose Alk only when lights out, to help PH stay stable, but, I have not seen much variance in PH in my DT.

When dosing on the hour, no matter when I test, I get 150ppm, so super stable.

Keep MG on point or you’ll get varied results.
74B58B73-176E-4B68-B094-AF65395D7E88.jpeg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back