Dosing and salt mix

collinnelson9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just wondering what I should do here. I want to start dosing tropic Marin all for reef (alk, calc, mag, and trace elements in 1 package). I’m currently using Red Sea coral pro salt which has all my elements and I’m wondering should I switch to the Red Sea pro salt which won’t have any of the elements. I’m just thinking if I’m dosing and using salt with the elements my parameters will sky rocket or am I overthinking it

OP
OP
C

collinnelson9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want to start dosing?

What are your parameters?
Alk 10.6, calc 460, mag 1390 I have 1 sps currently it’s doing well since I only have 3 lps and 3 Zoas the rest are softies for now. But once I get past the ugly stage here in the next few weeks or months whatever it decides to do, I want to add more sps. I just used water changes for elements on my last tank and let’s just say it didn’t end well at all. Im trying to plan ahead

mjszos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk 10.6, calc 460, mag 1390 I have 1 sps currently it’s doing well since I only have 3 lps and 3 Zoas the rest are softies for now. But once I get past the ugly stage here in the next few weeks or months whatever it decides to do, I want to add more sps. I just used water changes for elements on my last tank and let’s just say it didn’t end well at all. Im trying to plan ahead

I would recommend staying with just your regular weekly water change schedule for now, but as you introduce more livestock up your testing. See what your replenishment needs are, determine if water changes will get you there or not, and if not at that point calculate your dosing needs.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just wondering what I should do here. I want to start dosing tropic Marin all for reef (alk, calc, mag, and trace elements in 1 package). I’m currently using Red Sea coral pro salt which has all my elements and I’m wondering should I switch to the Red Sea pro salt which won’t have any of the elements. I’m just thinking if I’m dosing and using salt with the elements my parameters will sky rocket or am I overthinking it

All For Reef is not designed to boost other ions long term. It is designed to maintain them. Thus, there's no reason to switch salt mixes if you like the Red Sea Coral Pro.

Back