Dosing and testing copper in qt tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter melfy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

melfy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2021
Messages
24
Reaction score
23
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got lucky and managed to get my hands on some copper power (I'm in Canada). Now ich is in my tank, and I can finally set up a tank and treat the fish!!! My question is what's the best test to use in order to dose copper?
New to all this since I've never been able to get actual copper!
Thanks!
 
I think the gold standard for treating fish with copper in QT is the Hanna Copper Checker.

The #fishmedic crew may know some other, reliable options.

Good luck!
 
So I got lucky and managed to get my hands on some copper power (I'm in Canada). Now ich is in my tank, and I can finally set up a tank and treat the fish!!! My question is what's the best test to use in order to dose copper?
New to all this since I've never been able to get actual copper!
Thanks!

Yes - the Hanna HR tester is best for measuring copper power. Be sure to order extra reagents, I think it only ships with 10 packets.

One trick - if you know the net (actual water volume) of the tank, you can dose that at 80% of the regular dose listed on the bottle. That will get you close to a full dose while you are waiting on the copper tester to arrive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new