Dosing Calcium and Alk for SPS - What is your method?

What is your preferred method?

  • Kalkwasser

    Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Randy's Recipe

    Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Balling method

    Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Calcium Reactor

    Votes: 10 20.8%

  • Total voters
    48

Punchanello

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2017
Messages
611
Reaction score
671
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in seeing what is most popular amongst SPS keepers and hopefully some tank shots!
 
In the past i always used 2 part and didn't like the fact that after the Calcium and Carbonates were used you had a ton of left over Sodium Chloride increasing your specific gravity. I'm now trying out Tropic Marin CarboCalcium.
 
Both Cal reactor and a kalkwasser stirrer, the pH raising effect of the lime water offsets the pH impact of effluent (no room for a 2nd chamber).
 
Esv 2 part and 1/4 scoop of kalk per 5 gallons water in ato.
Kalk is just used to keep ph stable at 7.9-8.1.
When demand kicks in I have a tunze 3171 reactor ready to go.
I will still use kalk in the ato to offset the reactor when its running.
 
Kalkwasser via ato + ESV

This is exactly what I am using in my 29g.

467097D9-F1EE-4133-919A-B5DC0C81B581.jpeg

E17992FB-613A-4592-92E6-13A834222239.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new