Dosing Calcium and Alk for SPS - What is your method?

What is your preferred method?

  • Kalkwasser

    Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Randy's Recipe

    Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Balling method

    Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Calcium Reactor

    Votes: 10 20.8%

  • Total voters
    48
Balling method (2x daily equal parts 110 ml’s was the highest consumption, and currently is right around 65-70 mls). Progression is over course 20 months with a handful of pretty significant issues nothing to do with dosing.
D98AC03B-577C-434F-90FB-359F84688640.jpeg
F4924226-9AFC-4F82-8048-BE3D0FB7ADB7.jpeg
A7A02A39-5617-4414-A699-283519CDF60C.jpeg
2F01070F-42E6-45AB-9ECF-E42F7E03E17E.jpeg
 
Balling method (2x daily equal parts 110 ml’s was the highest consumption, and currently is right around 65-70 mls). Progression is over course 20 months with a handful of pretty significant issues nothing to do with dosing.
D98AC03B-577C-434F-90FB-359F84688640.jpeg
F4924226-9AFC-4F82-8048-BE3D0FB7ADB7.jpeg
A7A02A39-5617-4414-A699-283519CDF60C.jpeg
2F01070F-42E6-45AB-9ECF-E42F7E03E17E.jpeg
Very impressive... this is with ATI Essentials pro? Im also assuming you are diluting the solution?
 
Last edited:
Esv 2 part and 1/4 scoop of kalk per 5 gallons water in ato.
Kalk is just used to keep ph stable at 7.9-8.1.
When demand kicks in I have a tunze 3171 reactor ready to go.
I will still use kalk in the ato to offset the reactor when its running.
My tank has been up for 3 months + 1 week now.
Plan on no waterchanges.
I dose DSR trace daily
and esv strontium weekly
Pics are couple weeks old
Already have good growth.
20190926_183444.jpg
20190922_153111.jpg
 
Calcium reactor and kalkwasser in a reactor, this combination has been working good, just the mess to clean kalk reactor is something that I don't like.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new