Dosing Iron made my Hammer huge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Actually it is the new form of Carbon dosing. Since the hammer is made of steel which is an alloy made from Iron and Carbon, you get the best of both worlds. Better skimming, better nitrate/phosphate removal via bacteria, better macro growth as well... We all should have a hammer in our tanks!
 
Actually it is the new form of Carbon dosing. Since the hammer is made of steel which is an alloy made from Iron and Carbon, you get the best of both worlds. Better skimming, better nitrate/phosphate removal via bacteria, better macro growth as well... We all should have a hammer in our tanks!
And if a fish get out of line you have a nice peacemaker close by!
 
I don't know, maybe Craftsman but that hammer is probably older them me so I am not sure.
 
I once lost my iron snips in my reef for about two weeks. When I found it, it was covered in rust. My tank was looking awesome and I seen no ill effects from it. haha
 
I dose 2ml/day of brightwell's ferrion, I have noticed much better coloring in my greens and and a higher growth rates in most of my rainbow colored corals. I know that iron is a growth accelerator for algae, so my assumption is that it is allowing for a better zooxanthellae growth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new