OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growing acro's is not that difficult. If you plan on taking care of your reef you will be fine.
Just dose your 2 part equally in the span of the day( recommend a auto doser) since a 1dkh drop can't b e doser all at once. I would dose at night since KH will help you pH to stay elevated as well. The minute the light turn on in the morning your tank will have that 8dkh to be consumer during that day( 1dkh in this case)
Yea, it’s subjective depending on everyone’s tank but I’ll stray away from acros first and go for the “easier” SPS corals. What you mean by 2 parts is, AFR? Sorry I’m still new and is still finding out new stuff. I will try to see and how I would dose my AFR to achieve the most stable levels

OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I would assume that your daily consumption should be low for now. As such, just start with half of the minimum recommendation of All For Reef and check it everyday until you finally manage to keep it really stable for weeks.

No jumps! If you want to increase or decrease, do it in the course of a week.

Not of my business, but I suggest you to hold yourself before buying your first sps.
Acroporas are not rocket science but are far from easy as well.

First, make sure that you can keep the tank stable…
Use this period that you are trying to stabilise your alk to read and search more and more.

Remember, dosing is just the tip of the iceberg for acros… still have flow, light, temperature, ph, phosphate, nitrate…
This will be a patience game, therefore no rush allowed!
It is already trick to keep them if one of these elements above are not fine or stable… i don’t have to tell you what happens if more than one element are not ok :)

Best of luck!!
I will keep it in mind! I know reefing is a patience game so I would hold the best I could from compulsively buying my SPS corals. I’ll try my best to stabilise my tank beforehand. I’ll stray away from acros first and try montis or birds nest. Thank you! I need the luck

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you start doing it you’ll get the hang of it quickly. I was testing a ton when I started so I knew really well what my tank was consuming and what my dosing was doing. Multiple times a day I mean. I do a lot less now that I’ve got a good handle on what the dank does and needs. If you’re unsure what to dose at some point then put in a bit less than you think and test a few hours later. Write down in a journal every test and levels every day along with what you put in. With times of day. That helps me a lot. Good luck. You’ll be fine. While I do agree birds nest or monti is easier for sps there are tons of cheap acros to try just to see what happens. Expect things to go wrong. Don’t lose hope. It happens to everybody. But we learn the most from mistakes and researching to dig ourselves out of a hole. Much more than reading generalities of how to do things. You got a lot of great advise here. So go for it and post some pics for us

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back