Dosing or Water Changes

Hello & Welcome to R2R!
IMG_1906.jpeg
 
Greetings and welcome aboard.
As mentioned it all depends. For me it's a combination of what corals and fish are being kept . My large tank 285g total I maintain with water changes only. Corals are softies with 4 or 5 LPS. I have a quite a few large fish that are fed heavily. I don't think I could keep this tank running without changes due to the waste from the fish. My acro dominant tank is 65g total and I dose AFR. I do minimal water changes to vacuum the detritus that settles in the back corners. I change 2-4g every 7-10 days depending on how much detritus I have to remove. I only have 4 fish but two are tangs that I feed well so they add a lot of waste. If I didn't have the tangs I could probably run this tank on AFR only since it runs pretty much as a ULNS naturally.
 
Greetings and welcome to the reef. Strike a balance between the two.
 
Welcome to the community! I see a lot of great people have already thrown in their answers on the subject. Look forward to following you on your journey into saltwater! :)
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new