Dosing question.

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so does anyone know or have a good explainable idea what would be the best place for my dosing hoses to flow into? Currently I have them going into the return section if my sump. Does anyone have them going straight into the tank? Just want to make sure my dosing is going where it needs to be

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine in my DT right over my Nero 5. But I just put a small wave maker in my sump and ran my doseing lines to that. But really doesn't matter long as it doses in a high flow area

OP
OP
MarineREEFpassion

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine in my DT right over my Nero 5. But I just put a small wave maker in my sump and ran my doseing lines to that. But really doesn't matter long as it doses in a high flow area
So would the 12”x12” return pump section be considered high enough flow with the suction of the pump?

OP
OP
MarineREEFpassion

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, and thank you everyone for the helpful tips and suggestions appreciate it greatly! Happy reefing..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Into the sump at or before the return pump section

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once my dosing levels got high enough, I actually had to drop a small maxjet in the return section so the ALK didn't precipitate along the sump wall. Unlikely you will need it right away; you'll know when the time is right just by looking at the sump wall.

OP
OP
MarineREEFpassion

MarineREEFpassion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once my dosing levels got high enough, I actually had to drop a small maxjet in the return section so the ALK didn't precipitate along the sump wall. Unlikely you will need it right away; you'll know when the time is right just by looking at the sump wall.
Yeah it’s about that time. I noticed it building up along the wall. I scrubbed it off and added a suction cup to push the lines away so the liquid goes straight into the water.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back