Dosing uncovered

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added my first frag today, it's a little frag of green star polyp. I decided to do this because I really want to take the time and see and adjust water parameters and how my tank reacts. I want to be able to automate dosing using BRS 2 part, now that sounds easy great ! Well not so fast, while I have some background in reefing I'm not to sharp on the dosing front. So I want to start with BRS 2 part and kalkwasser in my ATO. I use Red Sea blue bucket salt and the numbers are just slightly lower than I would like. Once I get that honed in how does everyone feel about dosing trace elements? I know you should dose for anything you can't test for but I hear great things about programs like Red seas coral color program, but is it really needed? Am I better off with just sticking to the 2 part and kalkwasser for now and see how it goes ?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are lots of different methods to use, but in your situation, I can't yet see bothering to use anything except a two part (such as DIY or B-ionic) or limewater.

The GSP don't supply any demand for calcium and alkalinity. In your case, it might only be coralline algae that is consuming calcium and alk.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are lots of different methods to use, but in your situation, I can't yet see bothering to use anything except a two part (such as DIY or B-ionic) or limewater.

The GSP don't supply any demand for calcium and alkalinity. In your case, it might only be coralline algae that is consuming calcium and alk.
That’s what I was thinking that coralline is my main demand for it. @Randy Holmes-Farley i have read many of your articles and writings. I want to put thank you as you pretty much single handily taught me about aquarium chemistry and I still continue to learn !

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back