Dr. Foster and Smith warehouse and website closure.

Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that’s where I get my salt mix at a great price. [emoji24]

Judith O'Neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will miss DFS a lot! I really liked ordering on-line for my green cheek conure's food, etc. Not happy with Petco. I hope DFS comes back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did everyone else get the email from DFS yesterday? Seems more like a rebranding than anything else. Sounds like the website will continue to operate but they are consolidating operations behind the scenes.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did everyone else get the email from DFS yesterday? Seems more like a rebranding than anything else. Sounds like the website will continue to operate but they are consolidating operations behind the scenes.

But they are still closing a facility in WI, unless they changed their mind.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had seen it. I've bought my last few buckets of TM from them for around $55, which is a great price. I also buy their DFS branded calcium and carbonate from them. Guess I'm going to have to find something else to use. Looking on the site all they have available is the really large sizes and those aren't on sale.
Chewy.com
I get my TM from them, along with my various other animal foods.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered some clearance items and had to call before it was shipped. The lady was a ICH magnet, was supposed to modify shipping, refund some cash and cancel a few items. She did nothing but complain about the closure, and I had to call the next day to straighten it all out. This is what she said so take with a grain of salt. Drs F&S and LA are 2 separate operations located next to each other The Building DFS occupy will be empty and
on the market and LA will sell Fish related goods from that location.
That building has all the Infrastructure in place and skilled work force. It may be a opportunity for a large competitor to set up shop..

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sad what all these big box stores are doing. The greed and corporate executives who line thier pockets just want money money money.
And when it comes to fish I've observed a pretty good portion of the time the smaller businesses are the ones who care for animals better. But I suppose the ceos just want money.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry to see people loose their jobs, but let's be realistic here... unemployment is lower than it's ever been. Ever. If these folks want to work, it won't take 'em long to find something.

Always look on the bright side of life :p I just got 2 boxes of reef crystals, delivered, for $100.

Time to stock up, folks :)

krbnsol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bummer to hear this. been going to DRFS for just about everything from fish, to bird and dog! I don't see myself rolling over and ordering from PETCO......they can take a long walk off a short dock.

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry to see people loose their jobs, but let's be realistic here... unemployment is lower than it's ever been. Ever. If these folks want to work, it won't take 'em long to find something.

Always look on the bright side of life :p I just got 2 boxes of reef crystals, delivered, for $100.

Time to stock up, folks :)
I want to order this please point me to it.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too late.

Dr. Foster Smith website now takes you to Petco.

I got my 2 boxes of Reefcrystals. $99.40, delivered. Not a bad deal, but not exactly earth shattering, either.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
70EA7080-5DCB-4DCA-A822-7E2C3A90F30A.png

RIP

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to connect and do some searches / add things to cart just a minute ago, now I'm getting this error. I wonder if they're having website troubles. You'd think they'd just forward the URL to petco.com if they were planning to take down the site.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to connect and do some searches / add things to cart just a minute ago, now I'm getting this error. I wonder if they're having website troubles. You'd think they'd just forward the URL to petco.com if they were planning to take down the site.

I got an email saying my DFS account is now a Liveaquaria account... the old DFS site is dead.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back