• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dr. Reef's Quarantined Fish (100% Recommend!!!!!)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

thardcastle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to take some time and highlight Mike (Dr. Reef)

From the very start, Mike was very communicative. Even with Covid, moving locations and a bacterial outbreak, he was always very responsive. I even changed my order several times after placing it, and he always made sure I saw the change and even combined orders so I did not have to pay extra shipping. Something I have not personally seen from any other fish supplier.

Unfortunately one of my fish arrived DOA, but it was a Blue Hippo Tang, which are very difficult fish to ship. Mike was very apologetic and gave me a prompt refund, which I also have never personally seen from anywhere else.

I will definitely be ordering from Mike again in the future and 100% recommend anyone else in the hobby to give this man your business!

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike is a great guy to do business with, he even replaced a powdered blue tang, that died without much explanation , having the fish for a month .

Thank you for your kind remarks,
I am a hobbyist first, quarantining for clients turned passion into part time business. I feel the pain of losing a fish. I am not in this for money but for passion i have for this hobby and satisfaction of seeing healthy fish in peoples tanks.

My standard written/mentioned guarantee is 7 days stay alive but i cover fish even beyond that without questions.

Last edited:

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am so glad to read this. I have been browsing different sites since November trying to decide on one single vendor for all of my fish purchases. I just submitted an inquiry yesterday with Dr. Fish. He texted me this morning. And then I stumbled upon this. I know for certain I have fished up the one vendor to stock my 300 gallon aquarium.

Last edited:

shamboo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree. Two thumbs up for Dr. Reef. The fish I received were very healthy and amazingly ate right away. Dr. Reef sent me fish that looked well acclimated to life in a tank. I couldn’t be happier to get fish that are off to the right start.

atomos

52 32 52 20 52 6f 63 6b 73
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree. Two thumbs up for Dr. Reef. The fish I received were very healthy and amazingly ate right away. Dr. Reef sent me fish that looked well acclimated to life in a tank. I couldn’t be happier to get fish that are off to the right start.
Two thumbs up for Dr.Reef too! My fish are happy, healthy and ate from the get-go. I'm amazed how they acclimated to the tank with the other fish...not one territorial flair-up or anything....it was all a big ole party when they were introduced.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! Awesome person to do business with.

Seneca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to order some difficult fish to get eating from him (idols, copper bands). Are his quarantined fish all eating well when they arrive?

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to order some difficult fish to get eating from him (idols, copper bands). Are his quarantined fish all eating well when they arrive?
Hi
I am on vacation till end of the week. I am due back in Monday.
Please call 918-964-3333 can let's discuss your livestock needs.
Thank you

JessOReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to take some time and highlight Mike (Dr. Reef)

From the very start, Mike was very communicative. Even with Covid, moving locations and a bacterial outbreak, he was always very responsive. I even changed my order several times after placing it, and he always made sure I saw the change and even combined orders so I did not have to pay extra shipping. Something I have not personally seen from any other fish supplier.

Unfortunately one of my fish arrived DOA, but it was a Blue Hippo Tang, which are very difficult fish to ship. Mike was very apologetic and gave me a prompt refund, which I also have never personally seen from anywhere else.

I will definitely be ordering from Mike again in the future and 100% recommend anyone else in the hobby to give this man your business!
I may have to go this route in the future.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I am on vacation till end of the week. I am due back in Monday.
Please call 918-964-3333 can let's discuss your livestock needs.
Thank you
I fully understand that you cannot guarantee your fish are disease free for many good reasons. I have qt tanks to put them in before the display to make sure anyway. I have just wasted so much time and money on fish coming with ich and velvet. I am frankly exhausted. What are the chances a blue tang for example would come ich and velvet free after your quarantine? 50/50, 80-90%, better than that? I have never personally bought a blue tang that did not have one of those 2 parasites. I would honestly pay triple the price without hessitation for a ich free blue tang.

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I fully understand that you cannot guarantee your fish are disease free for many good reasons. I have qt tanks to put them in before the display to make sure anyway. I have just wasted so much time and money on fish coming with ich and velvet. I am frankly exhausted. What are the chances a blue tang for example would come ich and velvet free after your quarantine? 50/50, 80-90%, better than that? I have never personally bought a blue tang that did not have one of those 2 parasites. I would honestly pay triple the price without hessitation for a ich free blue tang.
I won't give you a percentage but I will state that I've purchased several fish from Dr. Reef. I purchased several tangs from him including a blue hippo tang and a powder blue tang. Most were purchased in groups. However, my PBT was purchased last and fairly small. My naso tang and tomini went after him immediately. Despite the stress of the shipping, the bullying, and a new home, the tang remained incredibly healthy in my home aquarium. He showed stress marks day 1 sure but they went away. He was eating the next day. His fins were torn days 1-2 but on day 3, he started fighting back. Within 4 days everything had calmed down. Not once fish showed any signs of white spots. They all ate like pigs. My tank subsequently crashed. My fish got extremely stressed. I had a friend pick them up. The next day my blue tang was cruising his new tank with no signs of stress at all.

I can't guarantee anything of course. All I can say is that I received a healthy specimen from Dr. Reef. It was so healthy that it survived under extremely stressful conditions. It is still thriving to this day and has never showed any signs of illness.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Let me answer your question in a different way, Nothing is always perfect or 100%,
In 5 years of selling fish qted commercially, I have had a few (6-8) complaint of ich or velvet but in most all cases clients put something in the tank like frags or rocks or corals etc from a non qted source. Only 1 has always been a mystery.
There are probably a dozen cases of flukes that made it through, these are prazi resistant flukes that i see on some rare ocassions. They require 4-6 treatments to rid of sometimes. unfotunately i have only time to treat twice. In ALL those cases clients were able to treat the tanks with prazipro (reefsafe) and rid them.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Let me answer your question in a different way, Nothing is always perfect or 100%,
In 5 years of selling fish qted commercially, I have had a few (6-8) complaint of ich or velvet but in most all cases clients put something in the tank like frags or rocks or corals etc from a non qted source. Only 1 has always been a mystery.
There are probably a dozen cases of flukes that made it through, these are prazi resistant flukes that i see on some rare ocassions. They require 4-6 treatments to rid of sometimes. unfotunately i have only time to treat twice. In ALL those cases clients were able to treat the tanks with prazipro (reefsafe) and rid them.
I would expect a percentage of people to lie about it getting ich from their own tanks. Only having 1 mystery case is fantastic.

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having a hard time reaching Dr. Reef? I made an order at the end of December and got confirmation, but when i tried calling (only busy signals) and emailing (only get please call me messages.

I am not in a huge hurry or anything but i want to figure out what is going on.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having a hard time reaching Dr. Reef? I made an order at the end of December and got confirmation, but when i tried calling (only busy signals) and emailing (only get please call me messages.

I am not in a huge hurry or anything but i want to figure out what is going on.
Recovering from covid, throat it pretty scratchy so i have the phone off but chat is open on the website.

I am covid magnet (3rd darn time)

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on my main home page under the pic of dory and nemo there is current news. i always update it there for any thing that is currently going on.
Starting to ship this coming week for the first time. as it was too cold to ship prior to this week.

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! hope you feel better soon and i completely understand. (as i said i am not in a hurry, and love your service and FWIW i only buy fish from you now!)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back